Monday, February 10, 2014

{clean} Biscuits/Rolls

It is VERY hard to find clean biscuits and rolls out there! I am so glad this recipe I found is both simple and delicious. Give it a try. This would be great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!

{clean} Biscuits/Rolls

(adaped from www.food.com)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup white UNBLEACHED flour
  • 1 cup white whole wheat
  • 1/4 cup raw cane sugar*
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil or 3 tablespoons organic butter
  • 1/4 ounce dry yeast (2 l/4 tsp)
  • 3/4 cup lukewarm water

Directions:


1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2)In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt and oil, shortening or butter.
3)Dissolve the yeast in the water and add to flour mixture.
4)Knead slightly.
5)Roll out on lightly floured board to 3/4 inch thick.
6)Cut with a cookie cutter and place on greased baking sheet, cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
7)Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness), until golden.

NOTES:

I used powdered sugar made from blending my raw sugar in the Vitamix to a fine powder. I like to keep this on hand now as I think it works AWESOME!  

I used butter this time around. I will probably try it with coconut oil at some point.  

The picture is what it would look like if you rolled the dough too thin like I did the first time. Still good. Also, I let mine rise about 60 minutes. I had leftover white flour to use up. I need to try this with all white WHOLE wheat and see how they rise and bake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment