Tuesday, November 19, 2013

{clean} Chicken Rice Soup

I love soup. I wish my family loved it as much as me, but that won't stop me from making it over and over. Maybe one day they will all come around.

This soup is based on the one I made called Not Yo Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup {Soup}. I love this soup because I usually always have the ingredients on hand, which is how this recipe was born out of convenience. 

 Please forgive me for the poor image, my good Nikon camera is down. I must get it fixed!



Ingredients:
  • 1 Tbps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 4 celery stalks
  • 3 medium carrots (peeled)
  • half sweet onion (more if you wish)
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 - 1 cup kale ( I used frozen, chopped)
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 cups Organic low sodium chicken stock
  • 1 tsp Parsley
  • 1 tsp Oregano
  • 1/2 tsp Thyme
  • 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
  • 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
  • 1/2 cup dry brown rice (cooked, not sure measurement after it was cooked)
  • 1/2 breast of organic chicken (cooked, this was leftovers)
Directions:

1) Rough chop celery, carrots, onions, kale, and garlic. Then add that to pan with EVOO.
2) Saute for a few minutes over medium heat (I am terrible at watching the time). 
3) Then add 2 cups water, parsley, oregano, thyme, pepper, and salt and simmer (covered) until veggies are very tender.
4) Pour hot mixture into Vitamix (or similar high speed blender) and add cooked chicken and chop (speeds 1-3) veggies in the soup mixture and chicken for a few seconds to a minute until it's the consistency you want.
5) Pour soup back into pan and add chicken stock and rice. Simmer on stove until ready to serve.

NOTE: You really can do this in a few different ways and get the same result so do what works best for you. Salt and Pepper to taste.

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment