Monday, March 4, 2013

{clean} Taco Seasoning Mix

I love all things Mexican food. This is an easy universal mix to make and you can double or triple it and have on hand for the next recipe. I tend to just make as I need it. 

{clean} Taco Seasoning Mix

  • 1 Tbps chili powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 2 Tbps cumin
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp paprika (I use smoked paprika often)
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
NOTE: If you want this mix hotter, add another 1 Tbps chili powder. I made it more mild because I have young kids. And/or add some cayenne pepper to heat things up. As another option, you can add hot sauce to whatever prepared meal you made to customize everyone's heat levels.

I add this complete recipe to about 1 lb of meat (usually chicken). You can add all or half, it's up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment