Wednesday, February 13, 2013

{clean} Valentine's ideas

I have never been big on commercialized Valentine's Day, such as store bought cards, candies, and flowers. It just seems a little silly to feel obligated to show your loved ones you love them with cheap candy!  There are so many other ways to show that you care without buying a single bag of candy or store bought card!

Last year I had the kids cut out heart shapes for daddy.  My daughter (the only one that could write at the time) wrote words on each heart as to why she loved him so much (I wrote a few myself). It was a huge hit and he had a great time (and a few laughs) reading them at dinner. A lot can change in a year, look closely..."loves Diet Coke". He no longer drinks it! YAY!



I may not love the commercial side of Valentine's Day but I LOVE my family and I'll do my part to make their day special.  It can sometimes be a little tricky with no added colors, chemicals, preservatives to make it fun and colorful, but I'm always up for a challenge for the sake of my family and remaining {clean}.

One year I put together a video card set to music and words with all the reasons why we love my husband. I should find that, because it was great!

Strawberry Lemonade
This was made with fresh strawberries, lemon juice, filtered water, and stevia.


 Strawberry/Banana Milkshake
Frozen strawberries, frozen bananas, unsweetened almond milk, and honey/agave to sweeten, if needed. You really can't screw this up. I usually do a cup of milk, a cup strawberries, and a cup of bananas. It's all about personal taste.

Heart Shaped Strawberries & Heart Picks
 I found extra large strawberries so I could actually cut out the hearts with a cutter. If you don't have this option you can easily make yours look like hearts. I did that last year. The picks I found at Party City for $1 on clearance for a dozen.

That's all for now, I will be posting more tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment