Tuesday, July 10, 2012

{zucchini} pizza bites






It's my first year to grow zucchini in my garden. First year, success! Well, except the fact I didn't realize how MASSIVE the plant size becomes. Next year I will plant in a better location. It's time to focus on ways to use this free produce! First up....{zucchini} pizza bites.

These were BEYOND simple to make and Oh So delicious and nutritious. Give them a try for yourself.  Especially if you are wanting pizza and not the gluten that comes with most crust.

This makes a great option for Meatless Mondays!






 When the heavenly smell of pizza filled the house, my 4 year old asked to try one. Then two. Then THREE. Then, MORE MORE MORE! I didn't even wait to feed them to him for dinner because I was so shocked and supportive he was eating a vegetable!

Call the vegetable people and let them know this great news! Quick! Let's celebrate...Pizza Bites for everyone!






{zucchini} pizza bites

Ingredients:
  • One or two zucchini (slice in 1/4inch thick circles)
  • Organic Pizza Sauce (Or you can use Mama's Pizza Sauce)
  • Freshly grated Mozzarella Cheese (I do NOT used bagged cheese, they are loaded with preservatives)
Directions:
1) Set the oven to Broil (high)
2) Spray sliced zucchini rounds with Olive Oil on both sides and place on oven pan (If you have a slotted grill pan that would work even better).
3) Broil on high for 2-3 minutes on first side
4) Turn them and repeat for another 2-3 minutes
5) Remove from oven and top with sauce and cheese.
6) Put back in oven and broil an additional 2-3 minutes (keeping close eye as to not to burn the cheese)
7) Let cool for a few minutes. Enjoy!


NOTE: Chop tiny bites of any fresh veggies or olives you love and add them as well. You could add fresh mozzarella and Pecorino Romano cheese like I do for my pizza. 




No comments:

Post a Comment