Monday, July 23, 2012

{clean} zucchini, tomato, and basil orzo salad

One thing I love about summertime is a cold summer salad. I have plenty of zucchinis, tomatoes, and basil in my garden so it was only a matter of time before I came up with this simple recipe.

{clean} zucchini, tomato, and basil orzo salad

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup orzo pasta (cooked)
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
  • 1 medium zucchini (coursely grated)
  • 1/3 cup fresh basil (chopped)
  • juice of a lemon
  • 2-3 garlic cloves (crushed/minced)
  • 1-2 Tbps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Directions:

1) Take EVOO and garlic and microwave for less than a minute (until you start to smell the garlic)
2) In a bowl add the EVOO mixture and everything else and stir.
3) Chill for atleast a hour to incorporate the flavors.

NOTE: You would want to double this recipe for a cookout or party. Feel free to add your favorite cheese to the dish as well!  I limit my cheese intake for things that HAVE to have cheese (and yes, in my life, there are those cases) 

No comments:

Post a Comment