Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The REBOOT {cleanse}- DAY FOUR



Day four was even easier. Except when I ended up parking next to a Mexican restaurant and aroma about did me in. Having the proper juicer is key! My kids love the juicer too so it's a great addition to our kitchen.  Last night they made fresh orange juice with dinner. They loved it! My daughter even tried a fruit juice with spinach and she liked it!

I hear you are supposed to have this burst of energy while drinking the green juice. I am not really feeling that different. However, I don't really have lack of energy much since going {clean}.  I'm confident that the typical American going on this cleanse would reap rewarding results in their energy level. 

This cleanse is teaching me a lot about how we correlate food with everyday life.  There are so many bad influences that we are faced with daily that try to sabotage our efforts of living {clean}.  I'm so far into my {clean eating} journey that I can now drive down the street and not be tempted to head to the nearest McDonald's for a fix.   If everyone spent as much effort and time in the grocery store reading labels or discussing the purpose of food with their families as they did sitting in the drive-thru line this country would be in better shape overall! 

If poor food choices or overeating are some of the things you battle with you should give this a try.  It not only makes you stop and focus on putting ONLY nutrient dense foods into your body, it teaches you that life will go on with or without you eating that typical lunch time meal out with friends that does nothing but make you sluggish afterwards. Or opting for take out at dinner time because you didn't plan ahead.  This cleanse is empowering

Remember that Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead Joe from my Day THREE post?

Well, here's the new JOE! Isn't he a hotty!?


Day FOUR....DONE!

Straight from Joe's mouth...

What’s so powerful about fruits and vegetables?

Well, a diet rich in fruits and vegetables can decrease the risk for things like cancers, cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes and mental illness. Fruits and vegetables have also been credited with alleviating the day-to-day effects of painful, chronic conditions such as constipation, irritable bowel syndrome and migraines. Each color family is rich in unique and important micronutrients that help protect our immune systems and keep our bodies strong, so it’s key to vary your fruits and veggies. That’s why I say eat a rainbow every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment