Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pack a COOLER! {Every single day}

I preach the importance of a carrying a COOLER all the time! If you don't you are setting yourself up to fail and live a {dirty} life. It's one of those tips that Tosca Reno states is a must have (and do). Everyday Almost everyday I pack a cooler, or at least have food on hand with me at all times. Today I left the house without one. Not by accident, I just got lazy I guess.

I finished zumba and I was HUNGRY! I still had errands to run so I thought to myself...Chick-fil-A seems to have "real" chicken, I'll just get a sandwich. So I went through drive-thru (which I haven't done in a long time) and ordered Chicken Sandwich Deluxe (no cheese or condiments). It was satisfying (and way salty). I lived. No stomach upset.  

I believe you should always find out what goes into your food even after the fact of consuming it. It usually helps me from ordering the same {dirty} choice again. I went to the company website and wasn't shocked by the calories, fat, and sodium. It was ALL the chemicals that were in the sandwich that disgusted me the most. ugh! 

Here are the {depressing} stats: 


Ingredients: Chicken (100% natural whole breast filet, seasoning [salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika], seasoned coater [enriched bleached flour {bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid}, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening {baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate}, spice, soybean oil, color {paprika}], milk wash [water, whole powdered egg and nonfat milk solids], peanut oil [fully refined peanut oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness and dimethylpolysiloxane an anti-foaming agent added]), bun (enriched flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate {Vitamin B1}, riboflavin {Vitamin B2}, folic acid], water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, contains 2% or less of each of the following: liquid yeast, soybean oil, nonfat milk, salt, wheat gluten, soy flour, dough conditioners [may contain one or more of the following: mono- and diglycerides, calcium and sodium stearoyl lactylates, calcium peroxide], soy flour, amylase, yeast nutrients [monocalcium phosphate, calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate], calcium propionate added to retard spoilage, soy lecithin, cornstarch, butter oil [soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, natural and artificial flavor, TBHQ and citric acid added as preservatives, and artificial color]), pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, lactic acid, calcium chloride, alum, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate [preservatives], natural flavors, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1).

440 Calories 16g Fat 2g Fiber 30g Protein 1400mg Sodium

I don't even want to take the time to break all those TERRIBLE "big words" down for you. Take my word for it, it's NOT good news.  I think I might just go pack my cooler RIGHT NOW for tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment