Friday, March 2, 2012

{Wanna Be} Spaghetti

My family loves spaghetti. I, on the other hand, don't LOVE it. With swimsuit season right around the corner I am always looking for ways to eat more fruits and veggies and less processed carbohydrates. It's not the pasta that makes us fat, it's the improper portion control that really jeopardizes our diet. 

I was running short on time lacked the motivation to cook a {clean} meal so I decided to grab a jar of the {all natural} spaghetti sauce that I have on hand in my pantry and box of spaghetti and a meal was born.  So simple! I wish it were that simple in my brain but I really didn't want the pasta. So, I made a trip to the store for a spaghetti squash to have in place of the pasta everyone else would have and the recipe started to unfold.

With that said, there are no measurements in this recipe as I was just adding stuff I needed to use up from the fridge/pantry.


{Wanna Be} Spaghetti

Ingredients:
  • spaghetti squash, roasted
  • {all natural} marinara sauce
  • garlic cloves, minced
  • approx 1 tsp olive oil
  • fresh spinach, chopped
  • fresh basil, chopped
  • fresh Parmesan/Romano cheese (small amount)
  • pinch sea salt
Directions:

1) Add olive oil to pan with garlic, spinach, basil and saute until wilted. 
2) Add in cooked spaghetti squash and sauce, stir.
3) Add a small amount of cheese and salt, stir.

NOTE: For this I used the Parmesan/Romano cheese blend from TJ. Fill free to add {no salt added} diced tomatoes or fresh tomatoes too. The sauce I used had chunks of tomato in it. I also added this mixture to my husband's spaghetti and it he really liked it. It added a lot more nutrition to the meal. I felt completely satisfied and had no pasta. Next time I will puree some of it into the sauce for the kids.





No comments:

Post a Comment