Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tropical Green Smoothie

I'm not sure what has gotten into me lately but I have a passion for green smoothies. Maybe it's the fact I just bought a new high speed blender, the way I feel after I drink a green smoothie or the need to drop the last few pounds. I know one thing is for sure it's NOT the way these smoothies look that made me fall in love. HA! If you can get past the look and texture of this smoothie, give it a try. My body feels energized within minutes of drinking it. Also, if you have a juicer at home you could make this as a juice.

If you are need to drop some weight, have more energy, and improve you overall healthy green smoothies are a must try.  This smoothie has a taste profile of something similar to a strawberry pina coloda. Seriously, it does.

Tropical Green Smoothie

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup {organic} romaine lettuce
  • 2 cups {organic} spinach
  • 1 Tbps {organic} Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (I HIGHLY recommend Barlean's Brand)
  • 1/3 cup {organic} grapes
  • 1 frozen banana 
  • 1/2 cup frozen {organic} strawberries
  • 1/2 cup 100% pineapple juice
  • 2 Tbps Hemp powder
1)Take coconut oil and add it to a small amount of hot water and stir until it turns oily. Add it to a high speed blender.
2)Add all other ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until the mixture is creamy. 
3) Pour in glass and drink immediately.

NOTES: You can omit the hemp powder if you do not have it on hand. Hemp Powder adds the most healthiest boost of protein to a smoothie. I choose to try hemp powder because I don't have a super high speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec. YET! I have the Ninja 1000 watts. 

Read more about the benefits of hemp seeds/powders here: www.cleancuisineandmore.com



No comments:

Post a Comment