Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Grilled Corn Medley



This recipe is very simple to make.  It's packed with awesome {grilled} flavor and is a perfect summertime side dish. It could easily be doubled or triple to take to a pitch in or cookout.

The smoky flavor of the cumin makes this a great side dish to serve with your tacos or enchiladas.  Fire up the grill, grab your veggies, and make this super fresh {clean} side dish.


Grilled Corn Medley

Ingredients:
  • approx 4 cups corn (grilled)
  • 1 large Red Pepper (roasted, skin removed, and chopped)
  • 1 large sweet onion (grilled and chopped)
  • 1 jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
  • juice of one lime
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • dash of sea salt
1) Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve hot or cold.

CF Note: Fresh cilantro would be a great addition to this side dish. I didn't have any on hand when I made it. Since I didn't have corn on the cob on hand either, I used frozen organic sweet corn and roasted it in a grill pan on the grill.  Less work if you ask me! I buy large bags of Organic Super Sweet Corn at Costco. It's SO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment