Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chocolate Banana "Pudding Pops"



Who remembers eating Jell-O pudding pops growing up?  I sure do!

Last night at dinner my husband was going on and on about how the homemade Popsicle he was eating reminded him of the {old school} ones when he was a kid! (and then they couldn't stop laughing from doing Bill Cosby impersonations together-and yes, you are correct in thinking...my daughter, age 6, doesn't have a clue who Bill Cosby is!) 

Chocolate Banana "Pudding Pops"


Ingredients:

  • 1 c Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk 
  • 1 Frozen or fresh banana
1) Blend the two together in a blend and pour into Popsicle molds. 
2) Freeze

NOTE: Feel free to add whey protein powder to this or add more bananas. I never measure when making these. Most of the time it's just leftover mix from smoothies I make. The Choco Loco recipe makes awesome Popsicle as well. We always have fresh homemade Popsicle on hand. 

These two give them a thumbs UP!


Check out this video from the 80s...Prepare to FLASHBACK:



And I'm here to say, YOU CAN BE A KID WITHOUT 'EM! :) Sorry Bill Cosby, I'll make my own without the chemicals, sugar, and artificial colorings!

2 comments:

  1. Angie, Coud you share some smoothie recipes, preferrably ones that could substitute for dessert...um, like with chocolate in them! HA I like the idea of the Chocolate Almond Milk, Right now I am drinking the almond vanilla once a day. It isn't bad, but I still prefer my lactose free fat free milk (I'm sure that's a big no no). But I was looking at all of the protein shakes in the store (ugh...disgustingly artificial) and the bars aren't much better. I bought a few Pure Protein brand bars. They are not something I am going to be able to do on a regular basis. So the organic whey powder is 19.99 for a small container,,is this the way to go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will try to get some posted. You really can't go wrong with using a cup of all natural apple juice and a cup of frozen berries. Have you tried my Choco Loco in drinkable form? It's sooo good!

    ReplyDelete