Friday, August 26, 2011

{clean} Cheeseburger Pizza



I saw a Cheeseburger Pizza recipe in my Clean Eating Magazine a few weeks back and decided that was something I wanted to try for Pizza Friday. The recipe is the magazine wasn't quite what I was going for so I set out to create my own Cheeseburger Pizza recipe.  

This pizza is the best of both American classics, cheeseburgers and pizzas. I don't eat red meat very often but I decided to give a low fat, good quality beef a try.  I truly enjoyed sinking my teeth into this pizza. I hope you enjoy it as well.
{clean} Cheeseburger Pizza
Ingredients:
  • Wheat Pizza Dough
  • 1 can {organic} tomato paste
  • 2 Tbps {all natural} ketchup
  • 1 Tbps {all natural} yellow mustard
  • 1 Tbps {all natural} worcestershire sauce
  • 1 small sweet onion (chopped)
  • 2 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 Tbps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Approx 1 lb. Grass-fed {extra lean} ground beef 
  • Cheddar cheese (I use Trader Joe's Mild Cheddar, which is rBST free), shredded
  • Fresh Mozzarella , shredded
  • baby dill pickles, sliced
  • fresh tomatoes, chopped
  •  romaine lettuce, chopped

1)  To make the sauce combine paste, ketchup, mustard, and worchestershire sauce. Set aside.
2)  To make meat, saute garlic and onions until translucent (Remove from heat to a small bowl) then add beef to pan. Cook until no longer pink. Drain any grease and return to pan, adding in the onion/garlic mixture plus the Italian seasoning.
3)  To make pizza roll out dough and top with a thin layer of the sauce.  Add ground beef, tomatoes, pickles and cheeses. 
4)  Bake at 450 degrees 10-12 minutes on a preheated stone. Top with lettuce.


NOTE: A little amount of good quality cheese goes a long way, don't over do it! Also this would be great with any type of cheese that you like on your burgers!  I get my dill pickles at Trader Joe's. I can't seem to find them many places without added colors.  

2 comments:

  1. I featured your recipe on my blog today! So tasty!! http://www.theforeigndomestic.com/2012/06/from-your-kitchen-to-mine-recipes-71-75.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kirsten! Sorry, I was at Disney World when you posted this. Sorry for late response. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete