Tuesday, July 5, 2011

WATER

One major principle in {clean eating} is to DRINK 2-3 LITERS OF WATER EACH DAY.  It should be the drink you reach for before all else. Water is second only to oxygen in the level of importance it has to the body. If you aren't getting 2-3 liters of water a day I suggest you drop the soda, sugary drinks, or whatever else is holding you back from reaching that goal.  


Before beginning my {eat clean} journey I would live on Diet Coke and coffee (and maybe squeeze in a small amount of water).  Even if a drink has zero calories it can still cause you challenges when reaching optimal health and weight loss. Many of the zero calorie drinks are loaded with artificial flavorings, sweeteners, and chemicals. These do nothing but jeopardize your chances for a better you!

If you are trying to lose weight, this principle is KEY to weight loss. Many people don't want to give water the credit it deserves. I have seen major changes in the way I feel since drinking the 3 liters a day.  If you have ever reached the "i'm thirsty", then you have waited too long and let your body get dehydrated. You should hydrate often and make it a habit! It has become a part of my daily routine now.  Staying hydrated will help you feel fuller longer too! Giving up Diet Coke was the best thing I could have done for myself.

There are many great refillable water bottles out there today that make it super easy to keep track of how much water you have consumed. I suggest getting one if you don't have one already.

Have you drank your 2-3 liters of water today??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment