Sunday, May 15, 2011

{Baked} Spicy Barbeque Saratoga Chips

These chips are inspired by deep fried ones I had last week at Jim Dandy BBQ in Ohio.  These are baked, not fried. Maybe I have been living under a rock all my life but I don't recall ever hearing potato chips referred to as Saratoga Chips. Who knows!? Maybe you have been under that rock with me or you are just dying to find out how the name Saratoga came to be. 


If you want to read {as the legend goes} regarding Saratoga Chips visit: www.Saratoga.com 

{Baked} Spicy Barbeque Saratoga Chips



Ingredients:

  • 3-4 Russet Potatoes (thinly sliced)
  • 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
  • 1 Tbsp Paprika
  • 1 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
  • 1 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 tsp Onion Powder
  • 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
  • 1 tsp Cumin
  • 1 Tbsp Raw Cane Sugar
  • Olive Oil or Canola Oil Spray

1) Preheat oven to 450°.
2) Slice potatoes thin with a mandoline or sharp knife.
3) Spray baking sheets with oil spray or coat with olive oil.
4) Mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
5) Arrange potatoes in a single layer on sheets.
6) Spray tops of potato slices(or coat them with olive oil), then sprinkle dry           mixture over potato slices.
7) Turn each potato slice over, spray and sprinkle with remaining mixture.
8) Bake at 450° for approximately 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

NOTE: If you do not own a mandoline I highly suggest purchasing one. It is a HUGE time saver in the kitchen.  Also, I have read that you can soak your  "chips" for about an hour in water and then pat dry before starting my recipe. I have yet to try that method. I will try to update once I do.

KID APPROVED??? Yes! (but may be too spicy for some)

No comments:

Post a Comment