Wednesday, February 9, 2011

HONEY GLAZED CARROTS



This side is SUPER SIMPLE and a crowd pleaser in my family.  I make this often for my picky eating son to get him to eat his carrots! 

 I don't know about you, but I am always looking for ways to dirty less dishes come dinner time. I made the recipe in one saucepan. Yay!


Honey Glazed Carrots

Ingredients:
  • 1 16-oz. bag of {organic} baby carrots (or if you have the time peel and chop)
  • 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil (I use Kirkland Organic from Costco)
  • 2 1/2 tbsp honey (local is best)
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp. ground ginger (use fresh if you have it)
  • dash of black pepper
Directions:
  1. In a large saucepan, place all of the baby carrots and then add enough water to cover the carrots completely.  Cover the saucepan and bring to a boil.  Simmer carrots until tender but firm (approximately 5 minutes).  Drain carrots.
  2. In a small bowl combine all other ingredients. Stir gently until the carrots are coated with the honey glaze.  Continue to cook over medium heat until carrots are heated through (appox. 2 minutes), stirring occasionally. (we like ours really tender, so we add a few minutes)
  3. Serve immediately. Salt to taste.


NOTE: I also make these in a crock pot. I don't add any water to the pot.  I have also done this in the microwave until carrots are tender then drizzle honey and sprinkle ginger and toss. It works too!






No comments:

Post a Comment