Sunday, February 13, 2011

GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPERS AND FETA

It was about 10 years ago at a friend's house when I first tasted this wonderful combination of ingredients.  I was skeptical at first, but I am willing to give everything a try.  This might be where my love of fresh green beans began(see, I hated them as a kid).  This recipe is a great holiday side dish with it's vibrant green and red colors.



Green Beans with Red Pepper and Feta

Ingredients:
  • Approx on lb of fresh green beans(trimmed) or frozen {organic} green beans
  • 1 red pepper (sliced thin)
  • 3 oz feta cheese (crumbled)
  • 2 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 2-3 tsp olive oil
  • Pinch of kosher salt

    1)  Saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat for a couple minutes.
    2)  Add red peppers and saute for approx. 2 minutes.
    3)  Add green beans and saute an additional 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
    4)  Add feta cheese, toss, and serve immediately.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment